Tuesday, April 26, 2011

All snuggled and oh so sweet

Well, my newest nephew was born on April 12, weighing in at 10 pounds even and measuring 22.5 inches! I couldn't believe it! And, of course, he is the sweetest baby I have ever seen! I was able to drop by last week to visit and had the chance to snuggle him in the coccoon I made him. I just HAD to! He fits perfectly and still has some room to grow in it. Too bad he is a spring/summer baby. Truth be told, I wasn't thinking that far ahead when I decided to make it. He got really warm, really fast in it but he just looked so sweet that I had to take a picture.
Have you ever spent time making something from scratch for someone else? Spent time finding just the right materials in just the right colors. Spent blood sweat and sometimes tears making this gift just right? Then find that very gift a few months later in the bottom of that persons closet, in the dog house, or worse- peeking out of the trash?? This has happened to me a time or two. Thankfully, Megan is not that person. When I went over the burp towels were out and obviously being used. The puppy dog blanket was folded in his bassinet. Then she showed me the hospital pictures and there was my dinosaur onesie!! I'm not sure about anyone else but when my first baby was born I painstakingly went through all her cutest outfits to find just the right one for her to wear for her first picture. And to see my onesie on Nathan in his first picture filled me up with joy! Silly, I know, but it did. I can tell you now that whatever Megan wants me to make her, I will do it with a smile. Please, if anyone actually reads this blog, let me know what you think and if this has ever happened to you. I'm just curious to hear someone elses horror story. Or even the good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment