Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A coccoon for my newest nephew

My sister in law is pregnant with my next nephew and I just had to make a coccoon for him. In fact, she is in labor right now and I'll be able to meet him really soon! Yay!! Anyway, I did a lot of searching for free patterns that I didn't get bored with easily. Hard to do when you're making something in the round. I stumbled upon Suzies Stuff, a blog with ssssoooo many great patterns that I quickly found myself making a to-crochet list. I used her Wavy Sleep Sack and Cap pattern and boredom was never an issue. I did change it up a bit by crocheting in the back loop of the first round of each color. I wanted the sack to have a bit of texture, as well as a definite right and wrong side. This worked out way better than I ever dreamed it would and I can't wait to see him snuggled in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment