Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gifts for Baby Nathan

For my sister-in-laws baby shower I wanted to go all out and I definantly did that. Hehe! I found an awesome tutorial at Made and I just had to try it. Not only was it easy but it turned out so cute that I wanted to keep it! I found this really cute dinosaur fabric in the remnants bin at Walmart and mixed it with blue, brown, and orange for the layers.

Before I washed it.
 
Just after the first wash and dry.
 
All done!
 

This was the first time I had ever used a satin blanket binding and while doable it was not as easy as everybody makes it seem.


In fact, I had so much fun making this one that I just had to do it again! Another trip to the remnants bin and I found this puppy dog fabric, perfect for a little boy! This time I paired it with red, brown, and blue and I made it bigger. I used brown courduroy for the binding.



 To finish off the gift I grouped everything together in sets. For the dino set I made the blanket, an appliqued onesie, two burp towels, and a pair of booties made from a Simplicity pattern. I had forgotten just how small booties were!

I didn't have nearly as much puppy fabric so I settled with just the blanket, booties, and onesie.


I put everything together in a green bucket and wrapped it in clear wrapping paper. 


Meg got lots of super cute stuff at her shower but these things were oohhhd and aaahhhd over the most! While not my intention, it did feel pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment