Friday, December 2, 2011

Another year, another "Holy Crap!" moment

Well, first I want to start with a Starry Night update. I have been able to accomplish quite a bit on this particular project. It is slow going at best, and I am sure I am not doing it the right way but I still like it. I get bored easily at times, so I try and work in just one color for a bit, then switch to another. With this pattern there is a lot of black- a lot - so it is difficult to just keep going at times but will certainly be worth it in the end.
                      

For Christmas this year I have once again given myselt way too much to do. Not that I regret it at all. In fact, I love to do this stuff and if I could find a way to make money making this stuff I would certainly do so. Anyway, my SIL Jennifer specifically requested new makeup bags for Christmas. She loved a bag I had made for her before, but it wasn't big enough for all her makeup, and she wanted one to put her hair supplies in (hair dryer, curling iron, etc..). So I found the same pattern online (here), enlarged it a bunch and made her three new bags. She likes purple and I fell in love with this fabric and color combo so I really hope she likes it!


 I even made my own tags!


I decided to do the same thing for my other 3 SILs also. Megan is a big polka dots kinda gal so when I saw this fabric I had to have it.
 


 Look, another tag! I can't decide which one I like better.


For Julie, I wanted something dfferent. I kinda took a gamble on this color combo, but I think she will like it. As for the pattern, it is just a mish mash of online tutorials I found. Unfortunantly, they are pretty floppy. In fact, I had to stuff them with books to make them look pretty for these pics.


That just leaves one set of bags to go. I made some for Michelle but after making all of these I am no longer happy with them, so I will remake them.
And I am still not done with gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment